Monday, April 30, 2012

My Mother's Day Wishlist
Trina3:06 PM 0 comments


We’ve got two weeks till the big day, and to allow for adequate planning and preparation, I’ve compiled a list of things I wish I could have and enjoy on my very own special day that I share with several other women. 

  •  A good breakfast.  But a girly one….with berries and sweet (gluten-free) pastries and orange juice with some pretty spring flowers.  And some girly coffee.  Not served in bed though, I need to pee first.
  • Professional maid service.  Some women just ask for a day off of cleaning and household chores, but then end up just having to do double the work the following day.  I want someone else to do the work, and to do a thorough job.  Like cleaning grout and baseboards and windows and other things I don’t generally bother to acknowledge.
  • Something handmade by my daughter…as long as she’s been given a certain amount of direction.  Please don’t hand her some paper, glue, and scissors with a bottle of glitter and “let her go.”  Unless the maid service is scheduled immediately afterwards.
  • A mother-daughter date at the spa…for facials and manicures and pedicures and massages.  Or whatever a four year old could join me for.  I actually have no idea.  Are children even allowed in places like that?
  • A good lunch.  Something healthy yet filling but not too heavy and of course, sans gluten.  Like a fancy spinach and cheese stuffed chicken breast with salad and roasted baby potatoes.  With green tea, or fresh-squeezed lemonade.  Or, you know, whatever.
  • Get my car detailed.  Make somebody else clear out all the kudzu bug carcasses that have accumulated in there and probably stink up the vehicle.
  • Jewelry.  Like a necklace, or earrings…from a real jewelry store.  Please no plastic gemstones encased in tarnished “silver.”  I want something I can wear and admire and pawn in case of emergency.  Totally kidding about the pawning part, I’m actually about as comfortable with the idea of walking into a pawn shop as I am walking into strip club.  Or a check cashing store.  Or a jail.
  • Framed family pictures.  Maybe even a photo shoot with a professional photographer?  And some artwork for our bare walls.
  • A family walk somewhere pretty.  Like a nature trail or something similar.  Stone Mountain would be cool, since I’ve never been…unless of course Stone Mountain turns out to be not pretty.
  • Finally, after a massive feast at a highly rated steakhouse, I want a big, fat, adds-10-pounds-just-by-looking-at-it dessert.  Without gluten.


Make it happen, fam.  I plan your birthdays, Christmas budget, and every other holiday celebration.  And your doctor’s visits.  No pressure. 
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment