Monday, April 30, 2012

Let's Go Fly A Kite!
Trina3:00 PM 0 comments

One of the activities I really wanted to do over our beach vacation was to fly a kite on the sand.  It would be the perfect environment for kite-flying: no trees, no power lines, and a constant breeze!  Unfortunately, the idea didn't occur to me until after we had arrived at the beach, and there wasn't a single kite for sale for less than $30.  Kites can be pretty awesome, but they are most certainly not $30 awesome.

I wasn't going to let go of the dream though.  After seeing Fallon run around the yard with a piece of paper attached to a ribbon she'd made at school, I've been determined to allow her to experience the thrill of a kite that actually flies.



So, Mr. Almeda picked up a super fancy giant butterfly kite for Miss Fallon Marie to fly. 


I knew God wanted us to fly the kite last week when he sent us a few very windy days with no rain or storms in the immediate forecast.  On Monday, I hurried out of work to pick the youngin' up from school and we whipped out the kite as soon as we pulled in the garage.



Evidently, kite-flying requires a certain amount of skill.  Few things are more distressing than having a four-foot butterfly taking a nose dive straight at your face.  It kept doing it, too!


After about 15 minutes of dodging the massive insect, Fallon and I decided we were tired and it was time to go inside.  Future kite-flying adventures will likely be father-daughter activities lest my impatience result in the violent destruction of an otherwise very lovely butterfly.


https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment