I thought I'd be clever this year and think up 12 resolutions to follow for the year 2012.
1. Get fit. I will perform at least some sort of exercise every day of the week. As much as I might joke about it, laziness is not actually good for anyone.
2. Hydrate. Mr. Almeda took a picture of me the other day that showed wrinkles to rival those of my grandmother. Since I'm not old enough for my skin to really lose it's elasticity that much, I can only assume it's shriveling up and ready to crack from dryness. I will drink at least one bottle of water a day. (in addition to other beverages)
3. Wear sunscreen. I can only imagine the contributions the unblocked sun has made toward the topography of my skin over the past 28 years.
4. Get organized. I have recipes all over the place. Some are delightful and some need tweaking and some just flat out need to be burned. I need to get them all together in one place and of course, sort and purge where necessary.
5. Pay off the credit card. It's been 2 and a half years since we've made any new charges but we're still paying the stupid thing off. I want to be done with that this year.
6. Leave the house every day. I'm not trying to waste gas, even just going for a walk around the neighborhood would force me to at least get out of my pajamas.
7. Share. Since going gluten-free, I've avoided social events centered around food. Which is pretty much everything. No reason I can't become the hostess...I'd like to have people over for dinner at least once a month.
8. Go to bed every night in a clean house. Since we don't have the opportunity to stay in 366 different houses, I'll have to clean the one we've got. *sigh*
9. Finish a room. Last year we did the living room. This year...?? Something needs to be done.
10. Clean out my closet. I need to toss the clothes I will never wear again and identify the ones that fit. Of which there aren't many...
11. Spend less time on the computer while at home. There's plenty of time to waste on Pinterest while at work. Kidding, but I should probably limit computer time to an hour or less per day.
12. Read my Bible. I should probably familiarize myself with the book my entire system of faith is based upon.
Somebody please hold me accountable to these. I'm likely to forget each and every last one of them.
0 comments
Post a Comment