One of the things I particularly love about working in education is that, unlike many others, I get to draw out the Christmas celebration for days. While my husband had to return to his retail job the day after Christmas, I was able to assist the little one in fully enjoying each and every one of her new gifts without interruption.
Where Christmas Eve has now become a designated pajama day...so has the day after Christmas!
You've already seen the princess castle Santa left.
From us, we continued the four-gift tradition mirroring the gifts received by Jesus on the day of his birth (gold, frankincense, myrrh, and swaddling clothes).
Something you want:
 |
| She wanted a "phone" like mommy and daddy's iphones. So she got a LeapPad. |
Something to wear:
 |
| A fancy red dress coat. |
Something to read:
 |
| A new book for her Tag, Jr. (Cars 2) |
Something to share:
 |
| Movies! Lion King, Cars 2, Tangled, and Rio! |
From Nana, Fallon received a bounty of gifts (I can't list them all, but they filled the void under our tree), not the least of which was a Princess Tiana dress!
 |
| Because pretty dresses require dancing. |
From Pop Pop, she received a massive dollhouse that has me incredibly grateful that we have a playroom in our basement.
 |
| After playing with it for a few minutes, she just sat in front of it and whispered in awe, "it's so pretty." |
Also from Pop Pop, though intended for Mr. Almeda and I, a fancy Keurig machine with a CARDBOARD BOX!
But now the holiday is over. It's time to do laundry and clean up the house and sadly take down the decorations. And wear something other than pajamas.
Like sweatpants.
0 comments
Post a Comment