Okay, so maybe I don't exercise every single day, and there might have been a day or two this month that I didn't drink a full bottle of water but something sugary instead, but for the most part, I've stuck to my guns. It's good enough, and I'm proud of me.
Of course, one of my resolutions was to host a dinner party each month. Being that we are without a dining room table or lottery winnings, our dinner parties are very exclusive. *wink*
Our first invitee was the Flanagan family. Because our original date was foiled due to Fallon's angry tummy, our next date only allowed for half of the family to join us as they were in the midst of a kitchen remodel (do you see the envy on my face?).
But we were blessed with Ashley and her youngest, Caden, nonetheless on the Sunday before Martin Luther King, Jr Day. I'd say it was a good start for the year. Perhaps by the time we get to December, we'll be all sorts of fancy in our execution.
Leading up to the party, we all practiced our cooking skills. Cooking seems to be slowly becoming a lost art among many people as fast food and frozen packages are becoming more and more readily available. Too many people don't know how to use an oven and aren't even quite sure what that big ol' honker is doing in their kitchen. But I refuse to raise my child not knowing how to follow a recipe. She will know how to cook, not because I want her to learn how to be a good homemaker, but because I don't actually enjoy it that much and I want her to do it for me. *evil chuckle*
Anyway, I decided to whip up some Mexican-type food as it's easy, quick, and finger friendly for youngin's.
The Menu
Beverage - Arizona Pomegranate Green Tea
Appetizer - Tortilla Chips and Queso
Entree - Beef and Chicken Taco Bites
Toppings - Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Shredded Lettuce, and Salsa
Side - Yellow Rice
Dessert - Vanilla Ice Cream with Sliced Strawberries and Bananas, Chocolate Sauce, and Whipped Cream
I'm excited for February now. What to make...what to make...
0 comments
Post a Comment