Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Salon Mom
Trina10:54 AM 0 comments

If you didn't notice in the last post, specifically this picture:



Fallon's hair was getting a little out of hand.  The longer strands would wrap around her face and neck when she would sleep at night.  There would be times that I think her hair would be more acquainted with her dinner than she was.  And then there was that one section of her hair that lost it's curl in last Christmas's hair-straightening adventures so that it hung about two to three inches longer than the rest of her hair.

Ultimately, we needed to clean up the poor little girl's head: make it manageable without losing any of the cuteness.

For the record, I've spent months upon months (it's not like her hair reached these crazy lengths overnight) for an appropriate hair salon.  I didn't want to take her to the typical kid-centered salon only to pay them to cut her hair as though it were straight thereby ruining it.  Yet, I didn't want to take her to the adult-centered curly-hair specific salon only to pay them an arm and a leg for a hair dresser who may not really like children that much anyway. 

So, I turned to (you guessed it), the internet.  After watching a few YouTube videos and reading up on the "newly developed" hair cutting techniques for the curly-haired, I decided, I'd just do it myself.  It didn't look too hard, and in fact, it almost seems that parents of no-curl children have the tougher job.  Mistakes are easier to hide in a bunch o' curlies.

Of course, I made no mistakes, as mistakes are nearly impossible when you're styling the locks around such an adorable face.  I likely could have left her with little more than an inch in some places and she'd still be the prettiest girl in the whole wide world.




The fun part of this whole shindig, was that it wasn't exactly planned.  I didn't exactly run the idea past Mr. Almeda.  Therein lies the risk.  Should I butcher her hair, I'd have the fashionista of the family to answer to.




But, he approved.  (insert cha-ching move here)
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment