Monday morning, we donned our patriotic apparel (side note: yes, I did pick out Fallon's dress. At the time, I thought it was over-the-top but in a cute way. Over time, I realized just how ridiculously obnoxious it is. Oh well.), and headed out to meet with our friends to watch the parade.
Admittedly, the parade was incredibly boring. One can only watch so many politicians and "old" 1990's model cars roll by slowly for so long. But, Fallon thought it was awesome to see the staple police cars and firetrucks and marching band pass by. So, in my mind, it was a success, and we'd probably do it again next year. But maybe a different parade. Like maybe one with floats.
Afterwards, we returned home for our much-needed showers (it was a little hot and sticky) and so that I could prepare this little creation: the fruit pizza. And, once again, I totally stole the whole idea from the internet. Specifically, from "Our Best Bites." To my credit though, most of the ingredients were of the organic variety. I think if I were to make it again though, I'd make tarts, rather than pizza (the dough was insanely good, and could be eaten by itself).
I didn't make the fruit pizza just for us though, oh no, this little socialite family headed straight back to our dear friends' house for food and fun. And food we did eat and fun we did have. Even with the relentless thunderstorms.
And did the rain, the thunder, or the lightning deter us from enjoying us some fireworks?
Of course not.
Independence Day 2011...success. Totally looking forward to next year.
0 comments
Post a Comment