Saturday, January 29, 2011

On to the next!
Trina10:06 PM 0 comments

It appears as though we have started a pattern of behavior.  Every year that we've owned our home so far, we've found ourselves in the midst of a home improvement projects.  It also seems that all of our projects thus far have been preceeded by some sort of needed repair.

In 2009, we decided to address the crazy-don't-know-what-it-was-for bracket in the ceiling of our daughter's room (Okay, it's not pictured.  Admittedly, I think I was too baffled by it to think to take a picture of it.  But this is what the room looked like before). 


Three gallons of paint and a few more gallons of elbow grease later, Fallon had herself a bedroom.  (Same angle as the "before" picture, by the way.)


In 2010, we secured our disaster loan funds for when our basement flooded the previous fall.


This one we hired out.  But we'll still take the credit, thankyouverymuch. (Again, same angle as "before" picture.)


And in 2011, we discovered it had started raining in our living room. 


What was originally a plan to simply repair the roof and repaint the ceiling turned into a complete overhaul of the entire room as soon as we realized how much labor went into clearing the room for the repair and realizing that we really didn't want to ever have to move all that stuff out again.


So, seven gallons of paint and a few accessories later...we have ourselves a new living room!


There's another part of this pattern that I'm not a big fan of: every year something is wrong enough with our house that it warrants immediate attention.  And this makes me nervous because now that we've knocked out electrical issues, foundation issues, and roof issues...I'm trying my best not to anticipate what might be in store for next year (plumbing?  siding?  windows?  major appliances?).
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment