I swear this picture was only taken a few months ago.
This one was just last week.
And this one was from yesterday!
I've tried to convince my child to stop getting older, but she won't listen. So, for the past few weeks (real ones, not my imaginative ones) I've been robbing ideas from the internet (Google and blogs made by people I don't know) for this birthday party.
I had already decided that we would forgo buying her a tangible gift (the child needs more storage before she needs more stuff) and instead expose her to the magnificant world of the movies (Regal Cinemas, to be exact) to see Tangled. Therefore, I had my theme: Fallon's party would be a red carpet affair.
First went out the invitations. One trip to Michael's and a little creativity put these fancy little pieces together, complete with a VIP pass for the party-goers to don around their necks.
![]() |
| Okay yeah, I blotted out the personal info because well, this is the internet. |
| The camera was actually a pinata. I filled it with Twizzlers and other popular movie candy and scratch-n-sniff popcorn stickers. |
| The goodie table...complete with sugar cookie popcorn, cupcakes topped with glittery gold stars, and of course the napkins, plates, and cups. |
| Close up of my sugar cookie popcorn (and now I know how to make a cookie look like a fried egg). |
Guests started to arrive right on time (same time as the pizza).
We had girls dressed like divas.
We had a prizes in the pinata (okay, fine, we had no bat or rope so we just broke the pinata and let the little ones clean up the loot on the floor).
We had highly competitive games.
We sang Happy Birthday and Fallon finally got to blow out the candles (apparently her favorite part of the whole shindig).
We ended the party with opening up the gifts from our generous friends where Fallon received some girly accessories such as dress up shoes, chapstick, hair bows, an apron set for when she's working in her kitchen, and of course some adorable clothes. She also pulled out some awesome toys to include stuffed animals, a Go Fish card game, a cute little plate to eat on, an entire book of puzzles, a book with an attached projection slideshow, a Dora doll that sings Happy Birthday, a Barbie doll, and a pink convertible for her Barbies.
The day ended with our planned cinematic experience. Fallon was a little apprehensive when we first entered the movie theatre. After all, it was dark and the previews were rather loud. Once we were in the auditorium, Fallon's eyes turned the size of quarters as she watched the entire show on the edge of her seat in utter fascination.
Actually, she sat on the edge of the seat because if she sat all the way back, the seat would fold up on her.
A big fat huge thank you to the Fulghum family, the Gross family, the Kondratowicz family, the Flanagan family, the Latham Family, the Thornton family, Emmanuel's cousins Stephanie and Bronson, and our dear friend Devon for helping us have such a wonderful birthday party for Fallon.

0 comments
Post a Comment