Thursday, February 10, 2011

Another Birthday Party!
Trina10:52 PM 0 comments

My child happens to be quite popular.  We're attending parties and social events every weekend now.

Saturday morning was fairly crisp, but the sun was up and therefore we were on our way to Kennesaw for a bug-ridden, bear attended, smore-making camping themed birthday party for our little friend Abby Jane Gross (who happens to be exactly seven days younger than Fallon).

The Welcome Sign (in case the big tent in the middle of the yard left you baffled)
The party started with personalizing mason jars with bug stickers so that we could go on a hunt for squirmy wormies to collect in our jars that Abby Jane's dad had planted in the yard.

Fallon was pretty sure she won the bug hunt as she happened to find a whole sheet of lady bugs.  Abby Jane was kind enough to correct her...they weren't hunting for stickers.
Once all of the squishy plastic bugs were contained by mason jars, we were greeted by a big brown bear who was looking for a tail.  Of course, by the end of this game, he had several! 

Why yes, I do lack the maturity to overlook the potentially crude remarks one could make about the placement of one of the bear's tails.  But I will shh anyway because it's a three year old's birthday party.  Look how close Fallon's tail got!  :-)
After the party games, we sang Happy Birthday to Abby Jane and enjoyed the snacks set up on the camping table. 

Some might say it was the wind, but I just think Abby Jane made that powerful of a wish.

It's a s'more on a cupcake!  And apparently a kid getting punched in the face in the background.
Mrs. Gross might be one of the most creative women I've ever met.  I had to snap a picture of one corner of the table as the ants on a log brought back memories of my own preschool days (apparently a party guest had a peanut allergy so she substituted cream cheese).

Who else could make a party involving bugs girly?

Thanks to the Gross family, my child has now roasted a marshmellow, consumed a true (not microwaved) s'more, and spent time in a tent.  Milestones complete!

Yes, three year olds should roast their own marshmellows.  Fire safety?  Pshh.

A darn good s'more.

Tent time!
In reflection, I am so thankful how God has blessed us from joining the church around the corner just over a year ago.  The Gross family is just one of the amazing and adorable families that we've been so blessed to meet and get to know.  I do hope our children become lifelong friends who will grow together and support each other in their walks with God and through life.


Happy 3rd Birthday, Abby Jane!
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment