Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Days for Girls
Trina4:47 PM 0 comments

Well, Sunday night, we had a little "winter storm," that left us with roughly 5-6 inches of snow within about two hours and left Emmanuel snowed in at his cousin's house.  Which meant...it was all girls all the time at the Almeda household!


Fallon was beside herself when she woke up to see the blanket of white outside Monday morning (she was in bed before the snow started to fall).


So, we suited up Christmas Story style and headed out for girly snow adventures!


As I watched Fallon fall over and roll around in attempt to get back up, it hit me, we needed to make snow angels!  Admittedly, the snow angels were a little tough to make.  After the snow dropped, we had a little bout of freezing rain so there was a little crust on top of the snow.  So...yeah, I pushed her into the snow so that she wasn't just sliding around on top of it.  :-)


It didn't take long for me to remember that we needed to clear our driveway just in case we needed to get out at some point.  Well...we don't own a snow shovel (who needs a snow shovel?).  So, I decided I'd be a genious and that we'd use the snow from the driveway to build us a snowman!


Fallon loved her snowman. 


So much so, that when I propped the camera up on the garbage can and set the timer, it only took one try for both of us to be looking AND smiling at the camera!


Well as our fingers started to feel a little chill, and I started to feel the effects of building a snowman on my old and tired bones, we skipped right back inside for some hot chocolate and princess movies.


Tuesday morning, we were still snowed in.

We suited back up, and headed out for a good ol' snowball fight.


We also brought out the sand (snow) toys to build us some princess castles.


Eventually, I realized that it would take a lot of snowmen to clear our entire driveway, so I started shuffling the snow aside with my feet (remember?  no snow shovel).  After about an hour or so of that, a neighbor called out from his porch and offered to let me borrow his shovel.  Fallon also offered her help.


Well...three hours later...our driveway is cleared for driving.

 I'm so proud of me.


And conveniently, roughly 5 minutes after I finished with the shoveling, who arrives home?  Emmanuel!  Impeccable timing.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment