Monday, November 29, 2010

Bring on the Christmas!
Trina10:42 PM 0 comments

Ah, yes.  My favorite holiday of them all.  For what other holiday do you get over a month of television and radio programming dedicated strictly to its celebration?  When else is it appropriate to celebrate the birthday of a man who we honor and cherish and love as he brought us all salvation by his own personal sacrifice but yet was born roughly six months away from the actual date of celebration?  During what other time of year do we celebrate the spirit of giving, the fellowship of family, and a jolly old fat man with mini reindeer and masses of magical little people seemingly entrapped in the otherwise unhabited frozen tundra happily (?) enslaved to manufacture and package pieces of entertainment for children around the globe?

At what other time of year do we adorn our homes with lights on strings and extra-large animated inflatable lawn ornaments?  And then of course, cut down a young evergreen, drag it into our homes, and fashion it with its own set of lights and ornaments and conveniently forget that tree just came from the great and wonderful insect-inhabited outdoors?  When else is it appropriate to set your young child on the lap of a grossly overweight and extraordinarily elderly stranger who seems to have an odd affection for children along with a laugh no one else in the world possesses, and then follow that up with taking pictures of the occassion?

Yes.  I love Christmas.  I love everything about it.  I love the unabashed joy that it brings.  So of course, I fully intend to instill my infatuation with the holiday in my child (and eventually, my husband).

First, we must begin with carols.  As you can see in the following video, Fallon is quite well-versed in several Christmas carols.  She is well on her way to being identified as her mother's child.



And then, as it is not quite yet December, but appropriately, after Thanksgiving, we must purge the decorations of fall, and bring in the happy of the best holiday ever.

 
Hanging her first ornament

Yay for Christmas!!!

Our little Christmas Corner
And yes, I know that frame needs a picture.  It's on my to-do list.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment