Sunday, June 6, 2010

Our Georgia Stay-cation, Part 2
Trina11:00 PM 0 comments

Yesterday, Mr. Almeda turned 30.  The big THREE-OH.  So, to celebrate the birthday boy, we completed another first to fulfill Part 2 of our Stay-cation: a visit to Medieval Times in Lawrenceville for the tournament and feast.



We arrived at the castle about 45 minutes to showtime.  Fallon had slept in the car for the hour-long drive and, like Part 1, woke up as we pulled in our parking spot.  I've learned that coercing a smile immediately after a nap is about as likely as me smiling immediately after I wake up in the morning. 



Mr. Almeda's cousin, Bronson, and his long-time girlfriend, Kamilla met us at the castle to join in the celebration.  As we entered, we collected our crowns and stopped to meet King (whatever his name was) to pose for a group picture.



Once inside the castle, our party stood in awe of the inside.  We were surrounded by weapons of the era, candlelit chandeliers, and of course, people in full dress.



We never recieved any explanation for this one (I even read our commemorative program to find out), but they did have an owl on display.  Fallon made sure to wish the birdie several friendly hellos.



Once we were escorted into the arena, we discovered our incredible luck as we were seated in the first row.



We then realized after some time, our row was not filled.  Therefore, Fallon was no longer a "lap child" and thereby had her very own seat.



The food was served almost immediately beginning with a tasty tomato bisque soup and garlic bread.  We were then served half a chicken and a pork rib.  At first, Fallon was eating more than I was. 



But then the show started.  The eating stopped.  Interest instantly shifted to the speakers and the entertainment.  The cheering began.



I think Fallon was the most enthusiastic guest in the arena.  Surely, nothing nor no one, no matter the dosage of alcohol or any other substance meant to reduce inhibitions, could ever match the sheer glee and elation she experienced.  Certainly, Mr. Almeda and our other party members enjoyed themselves, but Fallon was literally vibrating with joy.



Her banner never stopped waving.  Her face never turned from the expression of pure bliss.  And because of her undeniable gusto, she did recieve a flower from our knight (the green guy).  Have I ever mentioned that Fallon loves flowers?  I was momentarily concerned the child would explode. 



After the show, we met our knight outside for a picture.  Fallon was much more excited about him when he was fighting in the arena.  Until he lost.  Clearly, at this point, she's disgusted.  How dare we pose her next to anyone but the winner of the tournament?  (In his defense though, he did come in second place.)



We also managed to collect each knight's autograph.  They did put on a wonderful show. 



But then it was time for Fallon and her father to show their stuff on the dance floor.  You would never guess it was nearing 10pm at this point.



I don't know that we'll be able to top this birthday celebration.  If you haven't been to Medieval Times, I highly suggest you make your way into that castle.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment