Mr. Almeda turns 30 in just a matter of days, which has awakened me to the realization that I too am close to kissing my 20-something days goodbye. While some have moved to the "bucket list" of things to do before you die, I need a deadline. Otherwise, you may find me procrastinating to attempt one or more the things on this list at 80-something years old. Which would be hardly appropriate.
The challenge to my list, is that as of today, I cannot cross off any of these things. They are all new. This list does not include getting married, buying a house, buying a new car, having a child, painting a room, going to DisneyWorld (or DisneyLand), or any of the other spectacular accomplishments I've already had. So here it is, my 30 by 30 project, to be completed/done/experienced/learned (in no particular order) by September 26, 2013.
1. Take a ballroom dancing class. Preferably with my husband as my partner.
2. Get a facial. Not the porn kind, the spa kind.
3. Get a massage. By a professional.
4. Fill a bookcase with books I've read. Yes, I know bookcases come in varying sizes.
5. Pay off both cars and the credit card (the one we used for the wedding).
6. Do 30 push ups without stopping. Military-style.
7. See a play at the Fox Theatre.
8. Have two weeks worth of clothes that fit.
9. Make enough in one week to cover the mortgage.
10. Vote. Yeah, I know, I could have started this in 2001. But I didn't. Better late than never, no?
11. Have a waist measurement of 25 inches.
12. Learn to speak Spanish.
13. Travel outside of the United States. Gotta be more than a drive through Canada or Mexico.
14. Run 10 miles without stopping. I only managed 9 at 16.
15. Learn to play a sport. Soccer, tennis, golf...whatever I can get lessons in.
16. Learn to play the guitar. I'd say piano, but we're not getting one of those in the house.
17. Visit the Grand Canyon. With the family.
18. Plant my own garden and tend it to harvest. Vegetables, flowers, whatever. Not rocks.
19. Build a birdhouse. With wood. Not pinecones and peanut butter.
20. Get up by 6am every day for a summer (June, July). And stay up.
21. Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity. Maybe I could learn something.
22. Compile a year's worth of favorite recipes. Maybe even publish it?
23. Go on a honeymoon. Just me and the hubby.
24. Milk a cow. Yep.
25. Run a mile in less than 6 minutes. This will be tough.
26. Make a scarecrow. Maybe even put it on display in the Marietta Square.
27. Make a will. This should probably be done sooner than later.
28. Stay married. Because nowadays, it's an accomplishment.
29. Surf. Catch a wave.
30. Donate $1000 to charity. All at once.






























0 comments
Post a Comment