Yesterday, after Fallon's nap, we partook in the age-old tradition of coloring Easter eggs. I happen to know it's age-old because I saw an article about egg dying in ancient times. I don't remember much else from the article, it wasn't that interesting, but I did get to rest assured that Walmart didn't make it up.
This was Fallon's first experience and she took to it like a champ. Emmanuel found a neat egg dying kit that came with cups, so we boiled the eggs, and filled the cups with color.
True egg dying is an adventure for children, so naturally, Fallon decided which eggs went into which cups.
I vividly remember the anticipation of removing the eggs from the dye in my younger days. It's a guaranteed way of torturing any child. The most impressive part of the endeavor was Fallon's patience. She was completely content with watching the eggs adopt their new bright shells for the full 5 minutes.
Once the eggs were ready, Fallon and I reviewed their colors. I learned that "orange" is a tough word to say, but "blue" and "yellow" come out fairly easy to understand. Fallon learned that eggs are really really awesome.
We spent the rest of the day shopping for my Easter outfit. Emmanuel was bound and determined to wear his new purple shirt for Easter, and we had found a purple dress for Fallon to match. Evidently, purple is the "in" color only for men and children. I went to four different stores before I found anything remotely close to matching. I finally found a sweater at K and G (a TJ Maxx-like store) for $20. Here we are...matchy-matchy as a family should be.
Easter morning went even better than I thought it would. We got up in time to enjoy what the Easter Bunny left behind for us and a really good pancake breakfast (prepared by yours truly) before church, which...we made it on time.
After church, we joined the other fabulous families in our Sunday school group for a long lunch at O'Charley's. Fallon fell right to sleep on the way home, and with the perfect weather, Emmanuel and I spent the rest of the day outside. Evidently, the food was filling, because Fallon allowed us 3 1/2 uninterrupted hours of productivity. I managed to pull a bucket-full of weeds out of our flower bed, spread 2 bags of mulch, detail my car, and clean out the garage. Emmanuel shoveled out the concrete debris in the back yard, raked like a mad man, mowed till he ran out of gas, and spread seed on the bare patches.
Today was a darn good day.
0 comments
Post a Comment