The heavily dreaded end to my spring break finally came. Monday morning, 6am, I woke up and trudged through my morning routine like a child hoping somehow the lack of enthusiasm would change the course of the inevitable. It didn't.
At 7:35am, I walked through the doors of the Randy Dye Gymnasium of Osborne High School, completely unprepared for the day ahead. With Fallon's unexplained inner-pyrotechnic display, I abandoned my job the Friday before break leaving everything undone. My desk still had papers on it, and my computer was still on. I was facing my day with a sigh and an eye roll, and I was ready for it to do the same right back at me. It didn't.
My first day back went surprisingly well. The weather stayed beautiful, the students were responsive and even helpful at times, and I finally headed home from the baseball game at 8:30pm, fully prepped for Tuesday and not really dreading it. I have been reassured that "winging it" is a skill I still possess and for which I should be commended. Yay me.
So, here it is Thursday. The lettuce I planted last week is still kickin', even some of it that the bunnies munched on has started to grow back (amazing, because it hasn't been watered), the lily has only started to droop a little, and the azalea bush still has a few flowers. I even noticed today a few new sprouts have come up on the holly tree I'm praying will grow back after the massacre it suffered last spring.
While I've been out slaving away, my husband has been romping about with our child at the local park.
In other news...
We may have selected a contractor for the construction of our basement! We are so excited to reclaim the other half of our house...and the rooms that have been lent for storage on the main level. We're looking at tile flooring, a sheetrock ceiling with recessed lighting, a bar, moving doors and walls, a new bathroom, and a new laundry room. The best part of the whole shindig...it will all be done to code with permits and inspections and a promise of no surprise "gifts" of about $800 or more worth of cocaine, empty beer bottles, or empty boxes of condoms (all items we so excitedly found rummaging through the drop ceiling currently in the basement).
0 comments
Post a Comment