Well in case you're curious, I've been busy lately.
We did select a contractor for the reconstruction of our basement, and he and his crew has been working diligently for the past 3 weeks. It's been a true learning experience and I now see how home improvement can easily become a real addiction. I may already be suffering. In the meantime, Emmanuel bought me Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover Workbook as an early gift for Mother's Day. If I can improve our "financial fitness," I can feed my new addiction. Sounds like an excellent deal to me!
Cobb County School District announced plans to implement a tool for eliminating nearly 800 positions, 579 of them teachers, called "Reduction in Force," or RIF, due to a projected $137 million deficit. The process is performance-based, where those teachers evaluated as "unsatisfactory" will be the first to discover that their contracts will not be renewed. Supposedly, this first step will save the district about $58 million, and will increase my class size to nearly 50 students. We all find out sometime next week. Thankfully, I'm proficient in my teaching abilities, so my name should not be at the beginning of their cut list.
Spring Football started up last week, with the boys out practicing until 7:30 or so every night. I have one more week of sweat, stench, and whining without wins until I no longer have to go days at a time between seeing my family when we're all awake. My official "last day" will be May 15 as an athletic trainer. Just thinking about it brings me joy. I may just start spending some time in the kitchen!
As far as fun goes...well, it just doesn't get much cuter than this little diva on a Sunday morning.
0 comments
Post a Comment