Saturday, April 9, 2011

Little Miss Puffy-Face
Trina1:59 PM 0 comments

Watching your child suffer is never fun, but it's even worse when you can't immediately fix it.  Allergy season has busted through our snowy winter and has allowed no one, including Fallon, to escape it's wrath. 

Introducing...Little Miss Puffy Face!

 

My poor child's eyes swelled up instantly Sunday afternoon after nap time as we headed outside for a little snack and sunshine.  At first, I thought the culprit was some pesky bee and I was all ready to embark on an "All Bees Must Die" crusade.  But logic settled quickly in and I realized that bee stings rarely go unnoticed by their victims.  And clearly, as noted by her happy demeanor, Fallon Marie was completely unaware of her newest look.

Monday morning, we headed to the pediatrician in efforts to weed out any possible major concerns, of which he had none.  He prescribed us some eye drops and advised that we continue the over-the-counter allergy meds. 

We have now established a new routine for pollen season: 1 teaspoon of Children's Allegra in the morning, followed by 1 teaspoon of Children's Benadryl at bedtime.  After about a week, my happy-go-lucky lady is back to her regular self.  Phew.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment