Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cutting Grass, Round 2
Trina4:38 PM 0 comments

Sometime around this time last year, I thought I could mow the grass better, and more efficiently than my husband.  Unfortunately, I nearly died after finishing the bottom third of the front lawn. 

Since then, I have been bound and determined to one day, mow this lawn all by my darn self. 

I find myself in slightly better shape now than a year ago, and since my dear husband seems to have turned a blind eye to the ever-growing plant life (mostly weeds) for the past few weeks, I thought today would be my day to shine!  After filling the little one's belly with spinach-and-cheese-filled tortellini, I put her to bed for naptime and headed out to avoid the public nuisance fines for neglect of lawn care.

Three hours later...my arms are shaking from carrying bag after bag of clippings to the back of the property, my eyes are burning from the sweat and dirt mixture collecting on my face, and my hands are throbbing from gripping the bar to keep the lawnmower running as I pushed and pulled it around the steeply graded and lumpy terrain. 



Unfortunately, I still didn't get to finish.  While I could physically continue, the lawn mower could not.  Can you tell where she died?



I mean, really.  It's roughly 5' by 5' of flat, stick-free, hole-free grass.  What a place to die on me.  I tried everything to get her to start up again.  I emptied the bag, I checked the gas, checked the oil, played with the choke, pulled the string from different angles...everything short of kicking it.

Anyway...at least I got most of it.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment