Thursday, August 19, 2010

30 by 30 Progress - August 2010
Trina9:41 PM 0 comments

Being roughly a third of the way through August...and having gone AWOL on the blog over the past few weeks, I figured I'd go ahead and update on my progress.  I haven't been sitting around all day ignoring my blog, I promise.  Detailed explanations below.

1. Ballroom Dancing: Still not planned, but I noticed that Groupon offers a decent deal on occassion.  I'll have to keep an eye out for the next go-round of the offer.

2. Facial: Laughable. 

3. Professional Massage: See above.

4. Reading List: While the Almeda family is fervently battling the burdens of increased utility rates, unplanned expenses, and reductions in income...I have resorted to my "virtual bookshelf" on my Facebook page.  There you can find my reviews on what I have read since planning this project and what I am currently reading.  Libraries are a gift from God.

5. Debt Reduction: I hate paying for things. 

6. Push-ups: Knocked out 20 without stopping just last week!  While I had a sinus infection, in 97 degree heat, on the Georgia red clay that's spotted with a few patches of would-be grass at the Osborne practice field.

7. Fox Theatre:  I've been more occupied with going to bed at a decent hour to ensure that I'm well enough rested to survive consecutive 13-hour days of which the last 3-4 hours are spent on the football field with heat indices in the triple digits.

8. Wardrobe: Amazing.  Just about a month ago, a colleague dropped of several pairs of pants that she just didn't want to try to fit into anymore.  Except that they need to be hemmed, they all fit me perfectly.  So at this point, I need hemming, tops, underwear, and several pairs of shoes.  And I should probably add a dress or two to my three-dress collection.

9. Income: So far, blatantly denied.  After being held in continued uncertainty over the summer with my position bouncing from one place to another and back again, I reached out and applied for a leadership position in attempt to move forward in my career.  However, despite that I was the only candidate to express interest and the only candidate to formally apply, I was denied and the position was given to someone else (who while very capable, has expressed no aspirations to move toward administration and absolutely did not express interest in or apply for the position).  I suppose this is where I'm supposed to pray for serenity.

10. Voting: I still haven't voted.  Oops.  November.

11. Tiny Waist: No improvements.  In fact, I haven't measured, and I don't want to right now.  I have been skipping most dinners though as I typically get home just in time for bedtime stories.

12. Spanish: Considering the Almeda Family Budget, I suppose I should reach out to my Spanish-speaking students.  I'm sure they will teach me all sorts of useful words and phrases.

13. Foreign Travel: Sometimes, when I drive through certain areas, I feel as though I am experiencing something very similar to foreign travel.  I suppose I should consider it training of some sort.

14. 10 Mile Run: Up to two miles without stopping.

15. Lessons in sport: Considering my course offerings this year involve teaching sports skills, I've enlisted the assistance of one of our other coaches to teach the basic skills and rules while I "manage the classroom."  Currently, we're working on volleyball.

16. Guitar Lessons: Requires time and money.  Both of which I have none.

17. Grand Canyon Vacation: We may have to settle for pictures on the internet.

18. Gardening: So far, involves yearning for the yards of my neighbors while attempting to close my eyes at my own.

19. Birdhouse: Hoping that Lowe's will offer this one in their summer workshops next year.

20. Early Rising: Had I not made the requirement that it be over the summer, this one would be done and done.

21. Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity: Somebody find me some freaking time.  And a babysitter.

22. Recipe Book: I haven't been able to cook lately.  I get home roughly 2-3 hours past dinnertime.

23. Honeymoon: Too bad this can't be just us sitting on the couch munching popcorn watching TV.

24. Milk a Cow: Find me a cow.

25. 6-minute mile: Still only happening if I'm in a motorized vehicle.
26. Scarecrow: It's just August.  But we are getting closer!

27. Will: I overheard a conversation about how much it costs to make a will.  Refer to aforementioned budget crisis.

28. Staying married: Done!

29. Surfing: I watched a movie about surfing not too long ago...

30. Charity donation: So far, I've saved up...$0 out of $1000.  Go me!
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment