Saturday, June 26, 2010

30 by 30 Progress - June 2010
Trina3:17 PM 0 comments

As it nears the end of June, I figured I'd plug in an update on my progress towards these goals.


1. Ballroom Dancing: No big whoopdedoo progress here, except I did locate a ballroom dancing place...Academy Ballroom Cumberland, that currently charges $45 for a private lesson and 2 introductory ballroom classes for a couple.

2. Facial: No thoughts here.

3. Professional Massage: See above.

4. Reading List: I should probably start looking at bookcases, but in the meantime, I am reading several books and have picked out my next literary adventure: the Fablehaven series.  Followed by, perhaps, the Percy and the Olympians series.  Yes.  I like children's fantasy books.

5. Debt Reduction: Well, I am still paying the bills.  This should happen right on schedule.

6. Push-ups: As of today, I'm up to 10 without stopping.

7. Fox Theatre: No thoughts here.

8. Wardrobe: I'm hoping to make this easier to achieve by making myself smaller thereby allowing myself to wear what's in my closet already. 

9. Income: Yeah, I don't know about this one.  Teachers are either going to have to get outrageous raises or we're going to have to pray for a refinancing opportunity that will bring down our monthly payment by about 50%.  Of course for that to happen, the house would need to be worth more than what we owe...

10. Voting:  Looks like I may have the opportunity to vote out a few of our school board members come July.  Oh, and the state governor.

11. Tiny Waist: 4 more inches to go...

12. Spanish: While I'm waiting for the money to roll in so I can get the Rosetta Stone deal, we're watching lots of Dora and Handy Manny.

13. Foreign Travel: No thoughts here.

14. 10 Mile Run: I'm just over halfway done with the 30-day shred.  I'm hoping this workout will help get me in shape and prepared for a running workout.  I did map out a route through my neighborhood that equals roughly one mile, so I do have somewhere to start.

15. Lessons in sport: No thoughts here.

16. Guitar Lessons: See above.  Evidently when I made this list, I forsaw a significant increase in our family income. 

17. Grand Canyon Vacation: Yeah.  No time soon.

18. Gardening: This will have to wait till next year.  This year's efforts resulted in a major fail.

19. Birdhouse: No thoughts here.

20. Early Rising: Already failed this goal for this year.  I'll try harder in 2011.

21. Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity: I should probably look into this.  But I think the school has some sort of relationship so I may try to work through that.

22. Recipe Book:  I've got about 30...so...only 335 to go!

23. Honeymoon: Boy I sure hope that huge raise comes soon!

24. Milk a Cow: Nada.

25. 6-minute mile:  Right now, the only way my body is getting from one end of a mile to the other in less than six minutes is if my foot's on the gas pedal.

26. Scarecrow: It's June.  To make a scarecrow now would be silly.

27. Will: Oh geez.  Haven't put any more thought into this one.  I better not die.

28. Staying married: Done! 

29. Surfing: This too will likely happen after that crazy raise.  I wonder why I didn't include lottery winnings in this list?  Sure seems like that should be a part of it...

30. Charity donation: I figure I'll just start setting aside a little out of each paycheck until I reach $1000.  So far...I've got $1000 to go.  :-P


Well...at least I didn't make my list and forget about it, right?
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment