Sunday, March 7, 2010

Healthy Me
Trina3:19 PM 0 comments

Well, since I can't seem to escape the high-stress lifestyle God has apparently led me into, I've decided to make the best of things and try to be as physically healthy as possible.  Maybe, by increasing my physical health, some of those benefits will leak into my mental and emotional health.  Ew, I sound like a Health teacher.  Anyway...

So, in February, I bought the Consumer Reports recommended treadmill thereby eliminating any excuses I tried to formulate about not exercising.  I mean, it's in my house, has a clear view of the television, comes with speakers and a fan, and is by the window.  I'll-be-damned, I've made excuses (don't want to use it while Fallon's awake lest she try to join me), and have used the thing a total of 4 times.  Please, hold your congratulations, I've successfully added 2 inches to my waistline in the last 6 weeks.  I might be packing on the pounds faster than when I was pregnant. 

Diet-wise, I decided to get a bottle of multivitamins.  I don't care what the research says, I'm not getting everything I need out of my normal diet, I'm frequently anemic, and these little buggers are keeping me from feeling sluggish and they've cured my migraines.  I bought the Women's One-A-Day at Sam's Club and vowed to take them every day.  Wouldn't ya know...they make me hug my toilet for about 30 minutes after I take them (this is after food, before food, in the morning, at night, standing on my head, etc).  I actually start begging the Lord to please let me vomit so the feeling goes away.  He answers me with a smirk and a "no," so I only take them when I have 30 minutes to be "out of commission."

So here I am, I'm blogging about my blatant laziness in hopes that by making it public, I'll start taking care of myself.  After all, how disheartening if come Easter, I've packed on more insulation.  So here we go...new commitment...fresh and new...I will use my treadmill and steal Fallon's vitamins if unable to take my own at least four times a week if not every day.

Someone please hold me to my word.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment