Because the man upstairs decided to schedule flash floods last weekend, Fallon's egg hunt was postponed to today. After sleeping in a little, and a slight scramble out the door, the family was in the car, camera packed, and on the way to the Kids R Kids EGG-Stravaganza!
Since this was our first EGG-Stravaganza, we opted to get there a little before the egg hunt was supposed to begin so we could figure our way around. The place was set up like a carnival...the moonbounce was there, along with an inflatable slide, several different carnival games, free cotton candy and snow cones, train rides, and lots and lots of children. We started with the stickers.

The egg hunts were separated by age groups, and Fallon's was first. Everybody had to gather around the playground where the eggs were hidden and wait until the director said go. So we did.

Daddy quickly scooped up about 6 or 7 eggs to put an initial deposit into her basket. Fallon found the last 2 on her own.




And then of course, because we were in a playground, we had to play. Which happened to include Fallon's first "real" steps. On video.

Once we left the playground, we had to find the Easter Bunny. Supposedly, he was around somewhere, and we were promised that he would not be camera shy. Fallon, on the other hand, wasn't quite sure why she was being held by a giant bunny. At least she didn't cry.

The train was probably the most popular attraction to the event, aside from the actual egg hunts. We decided to save the experience till the end in hopes that the line would go down. Eventually, Daddy and Fallon hopped aboard.


After the EGG-Stravaganza, Daddy had to go to work, so I decided to soak up a little more sun and enjoy the beautiful day by working outside the house. Today's chore was to attempt to rake the leaves and pine needles away from the house in hopes of minimizing bugs and maybe even water damage.
When I first started, I mostly found a whole lot of beer cans and bottles, plastic bags, lighters, and other common trash items. But then I found this:

Yah. It's a plastic foot.
Anyway, I also found a pretty flower all by itself.

Once Fallon woke up from her nap, I brought her outside to play for a few hours. And yes, I remembered sunblock.






0 comments
Post a Comment