Saturday, March 21, 2009

Planning
Trina2:38 AM 0 comments

OHMYGOD! Easter is only FOUR WEEKS AWAY! I better start planning NOW!!

And that's what I'm doing, because that's what I do. I plan ahead for trivialities (like Easter for a toddler), and procrastinate on larger issues (like working toward my teacher certification).

So it's 2:40am, and I'm on the computer thinking up clever egg fillers for a toddler. I am not completing the online coursework that's been assigned now for 2 weeks.

On Saturday, March 28th, Kids R Kids (daycare) is hosting their 5th annual Spring Egg-stravaganza!! And we are SO THERE!!

There will be an Easter Egg hunt (for each age group...including one for us parents!), the Easter Bunny, Balloons, Games and Prizes, Arts and Crafts, Moon Walks, Train Rides, and lots and lots of fun!

All we have to do is bring 12 plastic eggs filled with some sort of candy (not chocolate cause it melts) or prize. And so here is where the dilemma resides...with what to fill the eggs! Yes, the most pressing issue at the moment (that's keeping me up till 3am or later) is not that I'm still on 4 different prescriptive medications for this "cold," but how to beat all the other parents with my eggs all while spending next to nothing.

First of all, I have to take the responsible parent approach: let's find an appropriate alternative to candy. Sugar is bad. It causes severe developmental delays, autism, the avian flu, and cancer. The only thing worse than handing candy to children is vaccinating them.

Now, I have to be the awesome parent who fills the egg with awesome prizes that are sooooo much better than the poison that is candy. So here are my ideas:

1. Stickers and Band-Aids. All children love stickers. Even Fallon, who doesn't know what stickers are. The Band-Aids are extra-special stickers because they also cure all ailments instantly, including those caused by candy. They actually continue to work through teen years, as I've witnessed in high school.

2. Mini-bottles of bubbles. Bubbles are almost as awesome as balloons. And sometimes awesome-er.

3. Bath/Pool Toys. Includes mini-squirt toys, the water-color-changing tablets, and those shapes that expand when put in water. Makes children say wow with enthusiasm.

4. Crayons and mini note-pads. Because coloring is a staple of childhood.

5. Lucky Charms. It's not candy, it's cereal.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment