First, we replaced the ductwork that vents the dryer to the outside after discovering a fire hazard in the old stuff. After several hours of research and a phone call to an HVAC company, I decided that dammit, we'll be fixing the stuff ourselves (myself)!



I probably should have thought of taking a picture of the lint glob that was about the size of a small dog, but I didn't. I do have a picture of the finished product, which, I have to add...Emmanuel did most of the work.

Didn't he do a great job? Now the clothes take about 30-45 minutes to dry instead of the 60 - 90 they were taking!
So of course, it was on to the next project: finding money. After a fairly tumultous Saturday where I raged through the kitchen trying in vain to find basic ingredients to make a decent meal...I decided that we need to start implementing some organization to our grocery shopping. We already overspend, and at the end of the week, have no food!
So, with Emmanuel's input, I started planning our meals for the week and set our grocery list accordingly. Then I post the meals in the kitchen so we can follow our plan. Of course, I just so happened to have 85 extra sheets of poster board laying around from Fallon's birthday party...

...and we've cut our grocery bill in half without starving or running out of food. High five to me.
But of course, when living in a petri dish (otherwise known as a school), sometimes folks like me will develop mysterious illnesses. For the most part this year, I've done well with fighting off the bad guys. But on Thursday, my left eye was bloodshot, the lymph nodes in my neck were swollen, my voice started to get a little hoarse, and I couldn't seem to figure out how to remove the needles from my throat.
On Friday, I removed the needles only to discover that along with the needles went my voice. Luckily, we had a soccer game Friday night so I was able to enjoy a nippy evening in the rain. It's Saturday now, and I'm still waiting for my voice to come back. But I do have a pleasant wet cough, the red eye, and the swollen lymph nodes to keep me company. Otherwise, I feel completely fine.
This is me.

0 comments
Post a Comment