Friday, November 8, 2013

Crap.
Trina9:37 PM 0 comments

I did it again.  Totally abandoned my blog.  Life happened and I failed to post about it.  But I'm posting now, so that counts for something, right?

Of course it does.  It totally does.  It's my blog and I say it does.  So there.

I turned 30.  The big three-oh.  I am now an official adult.  I'm "old" to the youngin's and therefore a part of the club.  Insert cha-ching move here.



And all of this went down on my birthday, September 26, 2013.  I am now 30 years old.

Man, imagine how old my parents must be!

Anyway, the morning of my birthday, I was gifted with my most favorite breakfast food of recent days (years)...donuts.  I would post a picture of said donuts but...they were gone before I thought of it.  They were chocolate frosted, and pink frosted, some with sprinkles and some with a contrasting drizzle and they were oh so delicious.

And then I went to work and made everyone be nice to me.

After work, we headed over to Joe's Crab Shack for some seafood fixin's and festivities with friends.



One of the highlights of the evening was the surprise chocolate cake from my dad.  Costco cakes might even be better than Publix cakes.  Yikes.



Overall, it was a great evening.  But that's not really what y'all care about.  You remember that 30 by 30 project I made up 3 years ago and you want to know if I actually completed it.

I did!  (if you'll allow revisions...lol)

1.  Ballroom dancing.  Okay, that didn't happen, but I have attended two different dance recitals and Fallon and I do have regular dance offs in the living room.  I say that counts.

2.  Spa facial.  Didn't happen either.

3.  Professional massage.  I'm really not off to a good start here.

4.  Read a ton more books.  Now this, I have done.  I have found trilogies and series that have warmed my heart, made me cry, and induced panic-stricken moments where the world stops turning so that I can finish the page and find out what happens next oh my God what's going to happen?!?!

5.  Pay off both cars and the credit card we used for the wedding.  Done.  Hot diggity dog.

6.  30 Military Push Ups.  No.  Not even close.  But I did push out another baby.  And that's even harder (so I hear).

7.  Play at the Fox Theater.  Ain't nobody got time for that.

8.  Have two weeks of clothes that fit.  Ha!  I know when I wrote this, I intended on these being small clothes to fit a small person (which would be me).  But I got pregnant, and I got happy with the credit card in the maternity section of stores, so...technically I did fulfill this because after my shopping sprees and some very kind donations from my friends...I sure did have lots and lots of clothes that did in fact fit my massive belly.

9.  Make enough in one week to cover the mortgage.  Done.  (Refinancing helped with this...)

10.  Vote.  Yep!

11.  25" waist.  Heck no.  Not even close.  Who even wrote that?  I haven't had a 25 inch waist since I was about 12 years old.  What an idiot to even think I'd get there.

Maybe I'll put that on my next list of to-do's by 40.

12.  Learn to speak Spanish.  I still do not speak Spanish.  I should ask my students to teach me.  I did get a post-graduate degree though.  That should count for something.

13.  International travel.  Did not technically happen...but I'm going to count the stroll through all the countries of Epcot as sort of the same thing and therefore good enough.

14.  Run 10 miles without stopping.  I don't think I could run a single mile without stopping right now.  Fat and lazy, that is me.

15.  Learn a sport.  Maybe I wasn't teaching Team Sports at the point that I wrote this, but being that I actually teach the subject...I'm counting this one as a check.

16.  Learn the guitar.  I must have thought I'd be rich on my path to turning 30.  I did not sign up for nor have the time or money for lessons.  Crazy.

17.  Trip to the Grand Canyon.  Dude.  Could I be any more boring?  Heck no we didn't go to the Grand Canyon.  We went to Disney World!  No river-worn rock could ever compete with Disney World.  Sorry, big boring crack.

18.  Planting a garden and tending it to harvest.  Not really.  But I did plant a seed and it turned into a flower.  So that counts because that has never happened before!

19.  Birdhouse.  Did it!

20.  Early riser.  Has not happened.  Probably never will.  Stupid idea.

21.  Habitat for Humanity.  I signed up to receive emails, but have yet to volunteer.  This is because I am a selfish person who doesn't want to give up a weekend.  My apologies.

22.  A year's worth of recipes.  Sure, if you don't mind repeating a few of them 10-15 times over the span of a year.  Which is pretty normal, in my book.  I mean really, who only wants pizza once a year?  I say this is a check because I have managed to compile a massive array of recipes.

23.  Honeymoon.  Nope.

24.  Milk a cow.  Yes I did.  Her name was Buttercup.

25.  Run a mile in under 6 minutes.  No.  That's stupid.  I have a car.

26.  Make a scarecrow.  Nope.  They scare the crap out of Fallon.  Bad idea.

27.  Make a will.  Hasn't happened yet.  I know, terribly irresponsible of me, but I don't know what to put on there.  I'd better just stay alive.

28.  Stay married.  Yes I have.  To the same guy, too.  What's our secret?  Pure stubbornness.  If we're not in love at the moment, we're married to each other out of spite.  He's stuck with me.  Stuck.

29.  Surfing.  Haven't seen a wave since I lived on the west coast.  Only been about 20 years.  Crap I'm old.

30. Donate $1,000 to charity.  Not rich enough.

Final score?  15/30.  Meh, not bad.

Perhaps I'll start working on a list for my next 30 years.


https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment