Saturday, September 7, 2013

My Own Success
Trina11:36 AM 0 comments

Mr. Almeda hasn't been the only one to re-enter the classroom.  In May of 2012, I decided to further my own education and pursue a Specialist in Education degree.  The Specialist degree is one specific to the field of education, in which the candidate takes doctoral classes, but stops short of the competencies exam and dissertation required of the doctorate degree.  It's generally a two-year ordeal.  And...in my position...comes with a nice little raise.  So now you know why I did it.

I must say that I definitely recommend Liberty University for it's online program.  I was able to take all my classes online so that I could complete my assignments on my own schedule in my pajamas and never had to set foot on campus.  It is a faith-based university, which I appreciated, as I had to link all of my assignments to biblical principles.  Not only did I get to learn a thing or two about the process of education, I was able to establish a greater understanding of the text that establishes the foundation of my beliefs.

Anyhow, for the past year, I have been a pregnant wife and mother, working 50-60 hours a week as a teacher and athletic trainer, and taking twice the recommended number of classes toward the degree so that I could complete the program within just one year and hopefully save a few dollars by doing so.  Insert pat on the back here.

The day before Mother's Day 2013, I graduated with "Highest Distinction."  Which means, I finished with a 4.0 GPA.

So there it is.  Proof that I truly AM perfect.  Insert cha-ching move here.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment