Friday, December 23, 2011

Almeda Family 25 Days of Christmas
Trina4:58 PM 0 comments

This year, I discovered Pinterest.  Pinterest, though threateningly addictive, has bestowed upon me the ability to appear skilled and creative all while coming up with none of my own ideas. 

You see, it works like this: innocent people post pictures of their own creations on the internet.  They may even include how-to's to describe a way to duplicate their masterpiece.  I find these pictures and post them on my Pinterest boards for later reference.  I can also visit the boards of other internet sleuths and copy the pictures they've found. 

I'm fairly certain that Pinterest comes from divine inspiration.  Has to.

Anyway, from that site, I discovered the idea of a an activity-based advent calendar.  This year, we're on a tight budget, so the one I created is ugly and consists of yellow posterboard still left over from Fallon's first birthday and Post-It notes.  But one day, I'd like our advent calendar to look like this one.


Of course, the calendar itself doesn't matter.  Well, it does, and it will certainly matter quite a bit should I ever make one, but this year, it doesn't.  What matters, is what lies waiting for us to do in celebration of my favorite holiday of the year. 

Behold, our list:

#1.  Decorate the Christmas tree. 


Our star died, so we replaced it with a Santa's hat.  ;-)

#2.  Attend the Marietta Square Tree Lighting.

I tried several times to get a picture of Fallon with the whole tree.  I couldn't.  It was too big.

#3.  Write a letter to Santa.

Okay, fine.  This isn't Fallon's letter.  She asked for a princess castle and the entire cast of Beauty and the Beast to go with it.  We mailed it to Santa before I thought to scan it.  Lessons for next year, I suppose...but this is the stationary we used!

 #4.  Have a Candy Cane Hunt.

She found them all!  (Yes, that is my poor-folk Advent Calendar in the background) 

#5.  Attend the Woodstock Christmas Jubilee Parade of Lights.

Ready for the parade to begin!

A marching band

The grinch

Just...ridiculous.  :-)

My favorite float.

Where we went for dinner.

I love this kid.

The bounty of candy we acquired at the parade!

#6.  Send out Christmas Cards.

Included in our cards to family
She helped us sign them!

 #7.  Wrap Christmas Gifts.

This one was for her daddy.

#8.  Read a Christmas Storybook



#9.  Make paper snowflakes.



#10.  Roast marshmallows in front of the Christmas tree.



#11.  Color a Christmas picture.

Baby Jesus was born with a bad case of jaundice.

#12.  Visit Santa Claus.



#13.  Perform a Christmas Concert.



#14.  Make hot chocolate and stir with candy canes.




#15.  Display Christmas Cards

How Pinterest suggested I display cards.

How time forced me to display the cards.  Another note for next year...


#16.  Make a treat to share with friends.

Cinnamon Sticky Rolls, recipe and image courtesy of Jules Shepard (we ate them before I thought to snap a picture)

#17.  Paint nails Christmas colors.




#18.  Attend an Ugly Sweater Christmas Party.

Mhmm...

#19.  Watch a Christmas movie and eat popcorn.



#20.  Read a story about the birth of Jesus.



#21.  Wear new pajamas to bed.

Got these $40 jammies for $6.99 off Ruelala!

#22.  Drive around and look for Christmas lights.




#23.  Make a new Christmas decoration.


#24.  Make cookies for Santa.



#25.  Open Christmas presents!!

Pictures of this adventure to follow...
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment