Sunday, February 13, 2011

We now officially party with our school friends.
Trina2:56 PM 0 comments

When Fallon received the Tinkerbell invitation for Peyton's (a girl in Fallon's class) third birthday party, I was immediately inclined to go, and take Fallon with me.  After all, with my work schedule, I rarely get to see Fallon's fellow classmates, and I have yet to run into any of these kids' parents. 

The party was hosted at Monkey Joe's, an indoor bounce house haven for kids from toddler to about 8ish.

When we first got there, I realized that I had no idea how we were going to find the party.  With all of the two times I've picked Fallon up from school, I wouldn't be able to recognize any of the kids, and definitely none of the parents.

So, Fallon and I just strolled around the place initially checking out each of the inflatables.  Kids were everywhere.  They were screaming and yelling and shouting and laughing and every once in a while...crying.  I think we were both a little overwhelmed. 

Eventually we made our way over to the inflatable where the kids inside were closer to Fallon's size.  Luckily, Henry's mom recognized Fallon and came over to stand and chat.  Her name is Emily, and her oldest is in the Pre-K program at the same school.  She also has two twins who look about 6-9 months old equaling 4 children total.  Now that is a busy lady...and the second Emily I've met with twins!  Must be the name.



Fallon in the first bounce house

Henry and Fallon in the second bounce house (bounce houses make for blurry pictures)

About 30 minutes later, they announced for the party to go into the reserved room.  I finally got to see most of the parents and their children. 

Somehow, Fallon ended up on the side with the older, bigger kids.  She survived.
Peyton, the birthday girl, was just an absolute doll, who LOVED having her picture taken! 

Apparently, she likes to smile at the camera, but not actually look at the camera.  She's well on her way to a modeling career, I'm sure of it.

I was particularly excited to meet the parents of the famous Cadence, a little girl in Fallon's class she talks about every single day.  According to her teachers, Fallon and Cadence are the best of friends.  By the time the cake came out, Fallon found herself between two of her favorite friends: Cadence and Henry.

Henry, kindly letting Fallon know she needed to sit down.
After cake, Peyton got to try out her new bike.  Fallon may have had more excitement for the bike than Peyton.  As soon as she saw the bike come out, she ran over to stand and watch Peyton ride.  I'm guessing she planned to help?  Give tips?  I'm not sure.  Peyton didn't need any of it though, she mastered that bike like a pro.

Fallon, very proud of her friend Peyton for riding her new bike.
I got to know Cadence's mom a little while our girls dared the big kid inflatable with the big slide.  I discovered that the two have known each other since early infancy, when they were both enrolled at Giggles Leraning Center (for far too long).  Fallon and Cadence giggled and stumbled and bounced and climbed and went down the slide together for about 45 minutes until finally the bigger kids arrived and Fallon learned a very valuable lesson: don't play at the bottom of the slide.

My little professional slider
 Otherwise, you get kicked in the head.

She's actually holding the ice on the wrong side of her head...but eh, good enough.
 All in all, we had a great time at the party.  Fallon quickly forgot her boo-boo and went back to reliving all the fun she'd had with Peyton, Cadence, and Henry.  Hopefully we can get them together again for a playdate over the summer.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

0 comments

Post a Comment