Saturday, February 20, 2010

Our First Home Improvement Project
Trina5:15 PM 1 comments

We decided to start with Fallon's room.  I suppose it was a safe start, so that if we really messed it up, she'd be too young to care.

You get a slight taste here of what we started with.  I painted the dancing girl in June 2009.






Okay...ready to make some changes. The hideous light fixture came with the house, and was complimented by leftover blue epoxy spots on the ceiling from fallen glow-in-the-dark stars.







Taking down the pendant light, replacing the light box, and installing the ceiling fan only took 3 hours.  Check out that freshly painted ceiling (I did it all by myself)!





So I painted, splurged on some furniture, visited the antique mall and did some online shopping, and came up with this.  Next stop...stuff for the walls!  Okay, and maybe some more accessories.  My vision is finally starting to come to life!






Have I done a good job so far?
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-klV7-b6uACM/Titt-7PaOsI/AAAAAAAAA50/titGyCfImuk/s720/DSC_8618.jpg
About The Author Mrs. Almeda I am pretty awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I like it a lot, looks so much nicer. Like a lil lady's room.

    ReplyDelete